THE MONTHLY © 2012. All rights reserved.
Use of any password-protected area of themonthly.com.au is restricted to the registered subscriber with a password to enter such an area. This password may not be distributed to others. The subscriber is responsible for any and all damages to the Monthly resulting from the distribution of his or her password.
AUTOMATICALLY RENEWING SUBSCRIPTION
iPad/iPhone subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of your subscription at a cost of AU$39.99.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. There is no option to cancel the subscription once it has been purchased.
The Monthly Ltd has a firm commitment to privacy in accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000, which took effect in December 2001.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Whenever we collect personal information from you we will do so in a lawful and fair way. We will also advise you how and where to contact us. If we collect the information from a third party we will take reasonable steps to advise you of that collection promptly. We will tell you why we are collecting the information and the third parties to whom we usually disclose that information. If you do not wish to provide the information we request, we will tell you what impact this will have.
We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Act. This means that it will be disclosed if:
- we told you when collecting it that it would be disclosed for that purpose or for a related purpose that you would reasonably expect;
- we have your consent;
- it is part of business assets which we are selling;
- we are required by law to disclose it; or
- it is otherwise permitted under the Act
We will provide you with a low cost way of contacting us if you wish to opt out from receiving further marketing offers. In accordance with the Act, direct marketing offers will contain an opportunity to opt out.
QUALITY OF INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect is protected from loss and misuse and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION WE HOLD
You can access your personal information upon request. However, there are occasions when this access may be denied under the exemptions contained in the Act.
AVAILABILITY OF POLICY
This policy is available upon request. It will be reviewed from time to time and any amendments will be included in the updated policy.
The Monthly Pty Ltd
37 Langridge Street
Collingwood VIC 3066
Phone +61 3 9486 0288
Fax +61 3 9486 0244
Email: [email protected]
Institutional access to The Online Monthly is available to institutions who purchase an appropriate subscription.
Access is provided to an Institutional subscriber via an IP Address or IP Range.
For institutional subscriptions, access can only be setup during business hours. (Only individual subscriptions ordered via the Monthly's online shop get instant access.)
Terms and Conditions
The following provides Institutional Subscribers with a set of terms and conditions governing rights and limitations for Internet access to The Online Monthly by Authorised Users.
Access to the The Online Monthly is granted for all Authorised Users on the following conditions:
- Publisher's acceptance of the Institutional Subscriber's completed order; and
- Receipt of the required subscription fee.
"Authorised Users" are authenticated, authorised current full and part time students, employees (including faculty, staff, affiliated researchers and independent contractors), and other individuals who have permission to use the public computers on an Institutional Subscriber's geographically constrained site. A "site" is an organisational unit, and may be academic or non-academic. For organisations located in more than one city, each city office is considered a different site. For organisations within the same city that are administered independently, each office is considered a different site.
In consideration of the payment of the appropriate subscription fee, the Institutional Subscriber and the Publisher agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Institutional Subscriber will undertake all necessary authentication and verification processes to ensure that only Authorised Users can access The Online Monthly.
- The Publisher holds the copyright for all works published in The Monthly, as a compilation and as to the individual articles, collectively and individually, unless otherwise agreed with an individual author's agent or external publisher.
- All use of The Online Monthly content is subject to applicable Copyright law and reproduction of The Online Monthly content is allowed only as follows:
- Downloading: Downloading, printing, or saving of content for education, research or non-commercial use is permissible. Systematic downloading is forbidden.
- Commercial Redistribution: No commercial use (e.g. downloading, posting of a file, or printing to resell or distribute) of any articles is permitted without prior, express written permission of the Publisher.
- Interlibrary Loan: The Institutional Subscriber may, in accordance with the copyright laws of the country in which the Institution conducts the majority of its operations, fulfil requests from other institutions, a practice commonly called Interlibrary Loan. Where the Institution is an Australian-based institution, the Institution agrees to fulfil such requests in compliance with the Australian Interlibrary Resource Sharing (ILRS) Code. The ILRS Code is available from http://alia.org.au/interlibrary.lending/ilrs.code.html
- Braille Transcription: The Institutional Subscriber may transcribe any portion of a The Online Monthly into Braille script or enlarged type for Authorised Users who are visually impaired.
- Course Packs: The Institutional Subscriber may include any portion of a The Online Monthly, in printed or digital format, in anthologies for Authorised Users.
- Electronic Links. The Institutional Subscriber may provide electronic links to the Licensed Materials from the Institution's web page(s), and is encouraged to do so in ways that will increase the usefulness of the Licensed Materials to Authorised Users and Walk-in-Users. The Institution may make changes in the appearance of such links and/or in statements accompanying such links as reasonably requested by the ePress.
- Caching. The Institutional Subscriber may make such local digital copies of the Licensed Materials as are necessary to ensure efficient use by Authorised Users and Walk-in-Users by appropriate browser or other software.
- Indices. The Institutional Subscriber may use the Licensed Materials in connection with the preparation of or access to integrated indices to the Licensed Materials, including author, article, abstract and keyword indices.
- Institutional Subscriber agrees to the following:
- The Institutional Subscriber is responsible for creating and maintaining reasonable security measures, and posting policies consistent with the rights and restrictions described in these guidelines to ensure that only Authorised Users can access The Online Monthly. The Institutional Subscriber is prohibited from making agreements for access to the The Online Monthlys with individuals, organisations, vendors, affiliates, or partners, which are not parts of the same institution purchasing this subscription. The Institutional Subscriber affirms that all IP addresses in the range listed for authorization are specifically controlled by the institution for workstations under its administrative control and for the use of individuals who meet the Authorised User definition above. The Institutional Subscriber is responsible for maintaining the list of IP addresses of all Authorised Users.
- If the Institutional Subscriber becomes aware of unauthorised access to The Online Monthlys, it will notify the Publisher immediately and cooperate in locating and attempting to stop the specific individuals who are abusing the service. If the specific abuser(s) cannot be identified or stopped, the Publisher has the right to withhold, suspend, or terminate access to all or any portion of the The Online Monthly web site, without liability.
- SUBSCRIPTION ACCESS: The Publisher provides The Online Monthly access only for the term of this subscription; and does not undertake to ensure future access to the online archives once the subscription term has expired. The Publisher intends to retain full-text versions of all articles for all past issues posted online and to continue to make this database available to all currently active subscribers. However, because Publisher cannot be certain of future technology, storage, or maintenance costs, this access cannot be guaranteed. The Publisher reserves the right to remove all or portions of the archive of past issues. Only current subscribers may access materials under access control.
- TECHNICAL ACCESS: The Publisher intends for the site to be available 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. However, the Publisher will not be liable for damages or refunds should the site become unavailable temporarily or access to the site becomes slow or incomplete due to system back-up procedures, internet traffic volume, upgrades, overload of requests to the servers, general network failures or delays, or any other cause which may from time to time make the site inaccessible for the library's users.
- WARRANTY: While the Publisher seeks to ensure the accuracy of content posted online, the Publisher does not warrant or guarantee its accuracy, completeness, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. in no case shall the publisher's liability for any content or accessibility problems with the site exceed the amount of subscription fees paid for The Online Monthly(s) during the 6-month period preceding any claim or notice of damages.